Kanban Board Basics
One of the advantages of having a Kanban-style board is to manage issues and risks outside of the 3D viewer.
Users can access models information without the need to load a 3D Model.
- How to open the Kanban Board
- How to group Issue/Risk cards
- How to filter the Kanban Board
- How to interact with the individual cards
1. How to open the Kanban Board
In 3D Repo, you have two ways of opening the Kanban Board.
Option 1: From Issues & Risks
- In your Teamspace, head over to Issues & Risks
- Select the Teamspace, Project and Model/Federation containing the issues you want to see
Option 2: From Models & Federations
- In your Teamspace, head over to Models & Federations
- Click on the Teamspace
- Select a project
- Hover over the model you wish to open the Kanban board for and click on the Issues & Risks icon
2. How to group Issue/Risk cards
- In the Kanban board, select Issues from the drop-down under Show
- Pick any of the following options from the drop-down under Group By to group your Issue Cards:
- Status to choose whether the issue is
- In Progress
- For Approval
- Priority to identify the issue as
- Topic Type to sort the issue by its nature (ie. Clash, Constructibility, Design …)
- Assigned to indicating whom the issue is addressed to from a customised jobs list (ie. Architect, Asset Manager, Client, MEP Engineer …)
- Created by to point out who from the job list of users created the issue
- Due date to see how soon the issues need to be resolved
Similar grouping applies to SafetiBase Risks and is shown below.
- In the Kanban board, select Risks from the drop-down under Show.
- Pick any of the following options from the drop-down under Group By to group your Risk Cards:
- Level of Risk to set the risk to
- Very low
- Very high
- Level of mitigated risk to set the mitigated risk to
- Very low
- Very high
- Category to identify the risk from a customised list (ie. undefined, commercial issue, environmental issue, a health mechanical effect …)
- Mitigation status to sort the risk to
- Agreed (Partial)
- Agreed (Fully)
- Owner to group the risk by its owner from the customised job list of roles
- Created by to point out who from this job list of users created the risk
3. How to filter the Kanban Board
- To search for a specific issue, click on the Search icon
Press on the X button to close the search bar
- Filter the Issues/Risks board by searching for their title or any other keyword
- Click on the Filter icon on the right to filter the cards based on your chosen categories.
You can pick one or many filters and the Kanban board will update automatically
- The Date option gives the user the possibility to input specific dates from a calendar.
All you have to do is click on Date to specify the chosen days then hit OK.
- You can choose to copy the chosen filters by clicking on Copy Filters
- To remove a filter from the search bar, simply click on the X button next to each category you wish to remove.
The Kanban board automatically updates the search results for any filters retained
4. How to interact with the individual cards
- Drag & Drop
Quickly update Issue fields. Select the Issue/Risk you wish to update, drag it all the way to the corresponding category and drop it in.
The message ‘Issue updated‘ on the lower right will pop up
- Text on Hover
Hover over Issue Title or Description to see the full text
- View on Model
Review the issue in 3D Model.
When you click on ‘View on Model’ a new browser tab will open and load the 3D model in the viewer with the specific Issue card opened
- Open the individual cards
Simply click on the card you wish to open. Press the X button to close it