Issues & Risks Dashboard in Power BI
Our default Issues & Risks template file will provide you with a comprehensive project overview.
Establish a live link between your project in 3D Repo and Power BI dashboard.
From there onwards, you can customise it further and link additional information if necessary.
Download the Power BI application here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/
Download the Template
- Open your internet browser and go to the downloads section on our website.
- Click on the BIM Forensics tab
- Scroll down to the Power BI section and click Download
Open the Template
- Open the downloaded ZIP folder
- Copy-paste the template file to your local drive and open it
- Follow the next few steps in this guide to connect it with 3D Repo
Setup your Query
When you open the Power BI template for the first time, ignore the ‘Access Web Content’ window and close it.
You will need to provide credentials to connect to the Web source (3drepo.io)
Click on the drop-down menu Transform Data & select Data source settings
Data source settings
Data source settings contain the API request for project issues stored in 3D Repo.
- In Data source settings click on the Change Source button
- Replace the following information in the URL link and click OK:
- TEAMSPACE where the model is stored
- MODEL ID (model’s Unique ID number)
- API KEY for quick and easy authentication
- In Data source settings click Close to apply these changes
Teamspace & Model ID
The web browser’s address bar contains information about the Teamspace & Model ID, which you can copy-paste to Power BI.
Retrieve this information by going to 3drepo.io and open any model you want to query.
You can generate an API Key in your profile section (for more help watch the ‘Generate API Key video tutorial)
Retrieve Issue/Risk Screenshots
Once you have successfully established your Web API Query using the Data source settings, add Issue/Risk screenshots to your dashboard. Your API Key will be required to authenticate the Image URL links.
- Click on the Data icon in the left toolbar
- Right-click on the Key field and select Edit Query
- Right-Click on the field ‘Enter API Key here ‘ and select Replace Values
- Replace the value with your API Key and click OK
- Select Close & Apply in the top left corner of your toolbar
- When ‘Access Web content’ window appears, click on Connect. This will establish the live link with your project in 3D Repo.
- Save your Power BI file
- Next time you open the file, click on the Refresh button to retrieve the latest information from 3D Repo.