How to Add Users to a Teamspace
In this article, you will learn how to do the following:
- Add users to Teamspaces
- Create new Job roles
- Manage users between different Teamspaces
Log into 3D Repo and head over to User Management.
In the User Management window you will have the following options:
- Select the relevant Teamspace you have access to
Note that only Teamspace Admins will see a list of users
- Search or sort the list of Users
- See the number of Assigned & Pending User licenses
Create custom Jobs
Before you add a new user to the Teamspace, you will need to create a Job name which refers to the User’s job role or a Project’s work package they will be working on.
Jobs are used when assigning the Issue & Risk owners to notify the relevant users.
If you already have a job created then head straight to the next section.
- Click on the Jobs tab
- Click on the plus (+) button on the right to create a new Job if it doesn’t already exist
- Type in a new job name with the desired colour and click on the + Add Job button
- You can change the colour at any time. Simply click on the drop-down menu
- If you wish to delete an existing or a new Job, click on the round icon on the right and confirm your selection
Add an Existing User
- Click on the plus (+) button on the right to add a User
- If the user has an existing 3D Repo account, search for their Username or E-mail address
Any matching information will appear as a drop-down list
- Pick a Job role from the drop-down options
- Click on the+Add User button. You will see a ‘User Added’ message pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Repeat the above steps for additional users
Invite a new User
- If a User does not have a 3D Repo account you can invite them to join a Teamspace. Click on one of the following:
- Send Invitation
- Invite to 3D Repo…
- Provide their E-mail address for the invitation
- Choose a Job title from the drop-down list
- Click on the Invite button. The user will receive an email to join a Teamspace.
To learn more about how you can predefine user’s Project/Model permissions in the invitation have a read through the Permissions Article.
Edit Pending Invitation
You can review any of the pending invitations should you wish to update or simply delete them.
- Click on Pending in the bottom right corner
- To edit the invitation, click on the pen icon
- To delete the invitation, click on the bin icon
- To create a new invitation click Add
Manage a list of Teamspace Users
Here are some options for managing the list of Teamspace Users:
- Search for Users in the list using their Username, Name or Job
- Organise the list by clicking on the arrows next to the users, job and permissions headings
- Modify the job of individual users. Simply click on the Job’s drop-down menu
- Assign users as Teamspace Admins by changing their permissions from the Permissions drop-down menu
- Remove any user from the Teamspace by clicking on the corresponding round (-) button to the right
Remove a User from the Teamspace
- To remove a user from the Teamspace click on the round (-) button to the right of the User’s details
- A notification message will pop-up confirming the Projects/Models a user has access to
- Click Remove to delete the account completely