Visualising Carbon: BIM to Zero
Coordinating your BIM models and collaborating with your clients in the web browser is great, but what if you could visualise your carbon data on top?
Buildings are responsible for about 40% of global CO2 emissions and over a quarter of which comes from the embodied carbon of materials and construction. More recently with increasing awareness and as buildings become more energy-efficient, measurements of embodied carbon are becoming a principal client requirement within project regulations even if they are not yet mandatory industry standards.
At the same time, BIM is slowly starting to gain maturity in the digital transformation of the built asset industry, but we aren’t exactly maximising the use of BIM models in the entire project lifecycle.
This presentation aims at elevating the quality and value of existing BIM models through embodied carbon footprint data attached to them. Rather than providing a catalogue of technical explanations and total carbon calculations, this webinar aims to shed light on the possible uses of 3D models with Carbon-related data…from BIM to Zero.
What you will learn in this webinar:
- Visualise embodied carbon calculations in your 3D models directly using a combination of data sources
- The importance of including carbon metrics in your BIM process and the benefit of a successful carbon report in driving innovation
- Reducing double handling efforts from clients and professionals by democratising the workflow of carbon visualisation and making it accessible to everyone interested in the industry
- James Bowles – 4D Consultant at Freeform, Founder at ZERO
- Tasha Greenfield – Design Coordinator at Natural Building Systems
- Andrew Norrie – Commercial Director at 3D Repo
- Mia Dibe – Implementation Specialist at 3D Repo