On the 5th December 2022, we hosted our digital construction event, Connecting Data for AEC, in collaboration with Google Cloud. The focus of the event was around ways the industry can better manage data for more optimized and safe outcomes, with speakers from Google Cloud, Mott MacDonald, WSP and 3D Repo.
We had a great evening of insightful presentations, live demos, networking opportunities and food & drinks. The event was a great success with an excellent turn out of professionals from across the AEC industry. Professionals from across the industry were able to connect, share insights, and exchange ideas.
Presentations and speakers included:
- Introduction to GCP for Construction – Nicola Salvo, Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
- Mott MacDonald’s Data Journey – Darren Russell, Chief Digital Officer, Mott MacDonald
- Large Data Streaming with 3D Repo & Google Cloud – Sebastian Friston, Head of Graphics, 3D Repo
- Why Embodied Carbon Data Matters – Johnathan Munkley, Technical Director, WSP
- Machine Learning for BIM Models – Mia Dibe, Implementation Manager, 3D Repo
- Key Note: The Future of Construction – John Abel, Office of the CTO, Google Cloud
It was fantastic to collaborate with Google Cloud and have esteemed speakers share their expertise. We hope that attendees left the event with new knowledge, connections, and ideas that will enable them to deliver successful projects in the future. If you were unable to make Connecting Data for AEC, be sure to keep an eye out for future events we plan host. We look forward to seeing you at the next one!
Take a look at some photos from the evening below: